Monday, September 3, 2012

Week 1 of Goal Setting.

Hola!!!  Hola!!!  Hola!!!

Alright, gonna make this a quickie tonight.  It's late and I need to get to bed.  Getting back on the morning running train tomorrow!  YAY!

Hope everyone had a fabulous Labor Day weekend!  I had a good one.  Quiet for the most part and goooood.  Went on a Sunday Craft Beer Booze Crooze.  That was a lot of fun and I hung out w/my fave all weekend.


I kept the miles low this week due to my hip issues I've been having.  I only ran 15 miles during the week and did 13.5 on Saturday.  I was pretty stoked about that one.  I started off the run thinking I was only going to be going 10 miles, but I just kept going.  I was feelin' really good.  I was fueling along the away with gatorade, chomped my GU before I left the house and made it all the way to the Verrazano Bridge. It's a pretty quiet run early on Saturday morning in Staten Island (except a lot of DOGS) (Not a dog person!).  There aren't that many runners out on Staten Island.  It's not like being in Manhattan and seeing all the people on your run.  These are pics of the Verrazano Bridge.  This is where the race begins with 40k people.  Over in the distance is Manhattan and Central Park is where it ends.  We run through all 5 boroughs.



I told my mom I expect it to take about 5 hours or so to finish and she was like "What am I gonna do for 5 hours?  Stand there and wait for you to run by."  I thought that was so funny.  Yes, mom...Yes...you are.  lol.  Hopefully we'll map out a route for them to be able to go to each borough and watch.  That's the plan anyway.  We're going to have posters and everything!!! I'm so excited.  My mom and dad are both coming.  It's the first time for my Dad to come to NYC, so I can't wait to show him a few things.   Show him where I live and what it's like.  Beyond excited!!

After my Saturday run I met with Maribel to get her some running shoes.  She started running this weekend! I'm so excited and eventually we'll be going on runs together.  YAY!

I'm trying to start consciously eating better in order to give me more energy and to help get rid of my midsection.  On that note, we went to Trader Joe's and I attempted to load up my cart with healthier options.  Maribel's all into Nutrition ya know (food4thoughtnyc.wordpress.com).  She's sort of an expert and is totally helping me get into this whole eating better thing.  She even started us a pin board to help me w/recipes.  (That's what friends are for!).


With all the goodies I bought I made myself a yummy yummy delicious salad tonight.  It turned into so much more than I had originally planned.  I started adding and mixing and it just became so freakin' good.  I can't wait to take it to lunch tomorrow.  It has a ton of protein.  I'm not a fan of veggies, but I'm working on adding them into my diet.  Corn is my fave vegetable.  lol.  I know...My salad turned into more of a mexi-salad by the end and it was so filling.  I also don't like to cook, so when I tell you I spent nearly an hour making this damn salad, that is HUGE for me.  Lloyd used to try to teach me to cook when he was here and I was totally not having it.  So, now I"m stuck figuring it out by myself because I refuse to listen to him.  Stubborn asss.

I'm working on my core exercises and I've told you before I have discovered Cassey Ho (blogilates).  I'm having such a hard time working in both videos and my running all together thru the week.  It's been either one or the other.  With my sore hip I have GOT to work in my core training, squats, and lunges.  I did it all today before my 3 mile run and my run felt sooo good.  I just have to get stronger!!

That leads me to my weekly goals.  This will help me stay accountable for my actions and give you an update @ the end of the week on my progress.  I just know you will be waiting by your computer for the progress I've made.  Just kidding, obvi.  But, here it is...

Kick Butt Goal -- Continue to follow my running schedule and work towards my Saturday long run.

Core Goal -- Do Blogilates videos 3 times during the week and on Saturday after my long run.  Also do my daily #plankaday and my 30 burpees EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Food Goal -- Eat from my fridge every day.  That means breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Try making something new at least twice this week.  I wanna make a little pizza one night.

Rest Goal -- Be in bed by 11p if not before every night!!!!  

Getting Rid of Goal -- Gotta get rid of my daily Red Bulls.  I did pretty good last week.  Ended up going all week w/out one but then just had to have it on Friday.  Not doing that this week!

Calendar -- Get myself a dry erase board to write my goals and track my progress through the week and into the month.

These are all pretty challenging for me and so important.  They're really goals I should have every week.  I just need to stay focused with my eye on the PRIZE!  The prize first and foremost is my health, but the 2nd prize is definitely making it to the START line on November 4th.  I can't wait to tell that story

So, I guess that's it for now.  Maybe I'll write a random blog this week if I have time and give an update on my goals.  hmmmm...

What are you doing this week to stay focused and on track?  Let me know.  I would love to hear your progress.  It helps us all to stay inspired and motivated by each other.

Hope you all have a fabulous week!


KC
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment