Sunday, September 9, 2012

Just Doing ME!!!!

Bueno!  Bueno!  Bueno!!  I like starting off in Spanish.  :)

Okay.  Here goes.  I've been dreading this this week and questioned myself if I should give reasons/excuses as to why some of these goals were not completely accomplished.  I totally beat myself up over things so I've just decided to tell you what's been done and what's not been done, post goals for this week, move on and talk about something fun.

Kick Butt Goal -- Continue to follow my running schedule and work towards my Saturday long run.  Done.  Every day.   Okay, Okay..... I cannot tell a lie.  I didn't do Thursday's 3 miles.  Went for Happy Hour instead.  It was calling my name (I swear).  Hey, at least it was for charity.  And yes....I donated. Oh yeah, and I met a couple of other runners.  A chick whose ran several marathons.  Way impressive.  This was for TEAM in training so there were a few runners there.  Thanks to Q for inviting me!!!  

Core Goal -- Do Blogilates videos 3 times during the week and on Saturday after my long run.  Also do my daily #plankaday and my 30 burpees EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This I did do.  And...no..I'm not lying.  I did Blogilates 3 times and also on Saturday I did my lunges and squats before I ran my 13 miles, also during my long run, and I did tons when I got back to Staten Island.  I did them on the Boardwalk along w/my #plankaday and also 30 Burpees.  Oh Crap!  I didnot do my burpees and plankaday on Thursday when I went to Happy Hour.  ugghhh..

Food Goal -- Eat from my fridge every day.  That means breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Try making something new at least twice this week.  I wanna make a little pizza one night.   I did make something new 3 times this week!  Yay!!  Does that extra day make up for anything I screwed up on above?  Just sayin'.  I got a new grill pan this week which I'm so excited about.  My chicken is so much tastier now.  That's really all I've used it for so far.  I told you my cooking skills are lacking.  Oh yeah, I also got a food scale.  Haven't used it yet, but I plan on it.  womp...womp....


Rest Goal -- Be in bed by 11p if not before every night!!!!    Ummm...let me think.  This I did.  Even happy hour night.  I got an early boat home and was in bed by I think it was like 1045 or so? Definitely before 11p, I promise...

Getting Rid of Goal -- Gotta get rid of my daily Red Bulls.  I did pretty good last week.  ...Not Good.  That Is All!!!

Calendar -- Get myself a dry erase board to write my goals and track my progress through the week and into the month. Ummm...nooo. Enough said.  :)



I guess this week I've learned that I'm not as disciplined as I thought I would be.  I live in an awesome city and sometimes it's hard to say NO!  Well, for me anyways.  I've always been that person that wants to be in the middle of things you know.  But, the good thing is there's always another day and another week to get back on track.  
But that being said, I never really lost track.  It's not like I sat on the couch and watched tv every day after work or slept in in the morning.  I still did my runs (13.1 in the rain), I stilled cooked @ home 5 days this week. That includes Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  That's not too shabby and better than what I was doing about a month ago.  So, I guess I can't be too hard on myself.  I really need to get rid of the Red Bull tho!  Other than the runs, cooking, blogilates THAT is a MUST.  The other 3 will always be a staple in my weekly goal and what I strive to be better in every day!!! 

Okay.  Glad that's over.  Moving on now...

So today I had the AWESOME & AMAZING opportunity to go to NYC Wanderlust Festival.  This was an amazing opportunity and something I wish I could do w/awesome wonderful people every single Sunday to get ready for the week.  I went w/my staple NYC BFF Maribel.  The event was also taking place in Los Angeles @ the Santa Monica Pier.  Yoga in the City festival benefits charities all over the world where wonderful beautiful people travel all around the world to teach yoga to people suffering from environmental damages, food shortages, etc.  Today in NYC they raised over $9k to benefit their charities.  The day started with Universal chants from Suzanne Sterling.  This started off the whole afternoon on such an awesome level for what was to come.  The yoga started from there.  Throughout the session there was a lot of moves & poses that I've never done before.  It became increasingly more difficult as the time went on.   We ended the session with a Wheel Pose (aka Back bend). PS.  I haven't done a back bend since probably 6th grade when I was in gymnastics.  lol.  But, I thought..WTH and actually did it 3 times!!!  It felt amazing!!  Like, I wanna do one now.  hahah..All in all, I would not have wanted to spend my afternoon anywhere else.  The weather was PERFECT!  The sun was HOT!  The grass COOL!  and the People AWESOME!  When we were finished I felt so relaxed and so ready to take on what is next. 

I didn't do my blogging duties @ the festival.  This is the only picture I took.  Slap on the hand.  This was @ the entrance into the venue.  The limit was 1000 people to register and I believe they sold out.  So, this picture doesn't even do justice of the event.  But believe me, it was awesome!   



_____________________________________________________________________________________________

And so here we are, 8 weeks til the Marathon and I don't think I've told you, but I'm scared to death of this thing.  It's going to take all I've got to get through that day. Hell, it's taking all I've got just to get there.  So, I'll keep preparing the best I can, the best I know how in the most positive way I can.  Every day is a different and new day and I just take one more step to make it happen.  

I'm not posting goals this week because I know what I need to do every day and every week and I can't take the way I beat up on myself when I don't do that goal perfectly.  It was not as easy for me as I thought it was going to be.  I'm just going to enjoy every day as it is and DO ME!!  That's all I've got for now.  I put enough pressure on myself.  Not to say I won't do it in the future, I just don't want to do it this week.  Not really what I'm feeling for the week.   

So, there you have it.  One more week down til Marathon and we're going to be here before we know it.  I have a lot of work to do.  I've run over 13 miles for the last 2 weekends in row.  Next Saturday is 16.  That's the most I've ever ran.  I'm looking forward to knocking out the short runs this week and getting to that day.  I get so nervous every single run, but also excited.  It's what keeps me going.  I love the push, the accomplishment, the confidence it all gives me.  All of this is the high I look forward to every single time I run.  At the end I evaluate how my body feels and what I can do differently next time.  Lately I'm running cold turkey w/no Music.  This really gets me in my zone and thinking about how I'm feeling.  Tons of time to think when you're in the middle of 13 miles.  However, I've been singing that damn Taylor Swift Song for 3 days now.  Never Ever EVer Getting BAck TOgether.  Over and over.  It's on one of the Blogilates videos so I can't get it out of my head.  Anywayssss...that's it for this Sunday.  

OMG!  How could I forget!!!  Another awesome thing that happened this week....I became a SWEATPINK Ambassador.  Check out the Fit Approach website and find out the word we're spreading.  It's a really RAD group of women promoting positivity in healthy lifestyles.  They're doing things I can't even imagine.  I mean Ironmans, Marathons, Ultra Marathons!  Shit I can't even think about right now!!  But, we all blog about it, tweet about it, pinterest about it, and facebook about it.  I love it!  And I am so proud to be a part of something that only moves women forward, inspires, and is intent on helping others.  

Okay...really..That's it for the week!  
Keep it moving!  Pay it Forward!  

kc
xoxooxoxoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment