Sunday, July 22, 2012

I Run Marathons! Let's GO!!!!

Well, week one of 16 is Complete!!  Every run of this week I tried thinking of things I want to talk about when I write tonight.  So many things popped up in my mind, after all I ran 25 miles this week!  So tonight after my 3 miles I decided to write about how running has made me feel this week. MOTIVATION!!!

In the last couple of months I've gone through some life changes and I've basically been on an emotional roller coaster.  The week before I started my training was one of the toughest I've had in a long time.  So, I'm glad to say this training couldn't have began (begun?) at a better time.  The endorphins and good vibrations from running this week have put me back into a better state of mind.  I'm proud to say that I have completed week one of the 16 weeks.  I feel good about my accomplishments this week and I'm working towards a goal.  I came to this city to do something different than anyone else, to follow my dreams, and work hard.  It's been no cake walk, but like they say if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere.  I've struggled, cried, and done things I never thought I could do.  I'm on my way to one one of those things again with this marathon.  It will be another huge accomplishment in my life and I know I'm pushing my mind and my body to the limit.

The week started on Monday night when I wrote my first blog to journal about this journey.  I mentally prepared for my week and I've had my schedule on my wall since January when Diana first sent it to me.  I was pumped and ready to go.  I set my alarm for Tuesday morning @ 4:15 and I was heading into my first morning workout EVER.  There was no hesitation that morning when I got out of bed.  I knew it was for real when I snapped on my pants and tied up my laces.  I was ready to go!!  Day 1 & 2 were both morning runs @ 4 miles each and I was on the road @ 5am both mornings before the sun was completely up.  Let me tell you, I felt so good after these runs.  My head felt better, my day was better, and my emotions were in check.

Diana and I decided to run on Thursday night @ Nike Town.  They've also got their own 16 wk marathon training, but we've opted to keep to our schedule to a Tee and we ran our 4 miles on Thursday.  I was so impressed w/my run and that I knocked off almost a minute from my pace (not quite, but close).  I couldn't believe it either.  My pace usually hovers between 10.38 & 10.45.  I finished my Thursday run in Central Park with a pace under 10 mins @ 9.53.  CP has mad hills, so seeing this time on my watch I felt so accomplished.

Friday was rest day and rest I did.  I was in bed early knowing that I had to get up early on Saturday morning and do my long Run.  The long run on Saturday morning was 10 miles.  Yep, 10!!  Woke up @ 615 and was out the door by 7a and on my way.  I went the opposite direction of my usual path and fell into Staten Island's Snug Harbor Culture Center.  It's a beautiful park and even more beautiful on a Saturday morning run.  It was so relaxing with waterfalls and a bridal path that made me feel even better about the 10 miles I was conquering for the day.  I felt pretty good through most of the run, but when I hit 7m I started to struggle, legs started vibrating, and my ass started to drag.  I had pumps through the rest of 3 miles, but when you get to the end of 10 miles 3 miles feels like so long ago.  I felt pretty good after this run, but man I felt it.  I knew when I got home I could NOT sit down for the rest of the day and let my legs lock up and get sore.  So, I headed into Manhattan to shop for the day with Maribel and let her drag my ass anywhere she wanted to go just so I could keep it moving after that run.  I ended the day with some sliders and a few beers with my FAVE. All in all, I had a fantastic week of running, work, and motivation.

So, here's my week in a recap
Tuesday 4.2 Miles / Total Time 45.41 / Pace 10.45
Wednesday 4.0 Miles / Total Time 43.40 / Pace 10.54
Thursday 4.9 Miles / Total Time 48.34 / Pace 9.53
Friday Rest
Saturday 10 Miles Total Time 1.53.46 / Pace 11.16
Sunday 3 Miles Total Time 31.05 / 9.59

Speaking of motivation, if you're into reading for the evening, here's a great blog I found this week that speaks to inspiration, taking risks, stepping up, stop talking about it, and doing it.  I recommended it to one of the most important people in my life this week and recommend it for you to read and to get you going for the week!.  http://www.positivelypositive.com/2012/07/18/step-up-and-shine/


 It’s time to show up for your dreams and give absolutely everything you’ve got!!!

Some P. Diddy words of Wisom..  LOCK IN!  LET'S GO! I RUN MARATHONS! LET'S GO!!!!!!! 





Onto Week 2.  Rest Day is Monday and I'm already ready for my morning run on Tuesday.  This week will be 28 miles total  HERE WE GO!!!!!

Keep it movin' people!  Follow those Dreams and push yourself to the TOP!!!!

xoxo
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment