Sunday, August 19, 2012

"I've got to feel Alive!...Even if it kills me." 16miles in 3hrs 34mins!

    "Once again it's on".. to quote the well known poet IceCube...

Well runners...another week has passed, and Im here gettin my blog post in just like I got  my miles in this week!! Im feeling really good..now, that its 9 hrs after my longest run thus far!! It was pretty tough!! but more on that in a min.

     So this week I changed up my music selection that I run to. Im a big fan of all types of music not just HipHop and I wanted a totally different vibe to get me prepared for the run at the end of the week. So I chose the group Incubus a 90s post/grung/alternative band. "Warning" from their 'Morning View' CD is what I started my run with. I find that I tend to like songs that build up, ya know start off slow then build to a driving tempo to get my first few miles at a good pace. This song is PERFECT! The way it starts so cool and calm and at 39 sec mark the guitar comes in picking up the pace..and the lead singer belts out "...dont ever let Llife pass you by." And thats when the song really gets goin!! Throughout the song it goes from uptempo to break downs. The last few minutes of the song is pure energy!!! "Wish you were here" is another song with the same structure, as is "diamonds and coal". Great running songs.  "anna molly" and "pardon me" are very heavy on the "grunge-guitar" so if you dont mind that, they are great songs to get your pace up. "nice to know you" is grungy but it has a great breakdown in the middle. "Drive" and "the Warmth" are great mid tempo songs to run to when you want to slow your pace a bit. So my weekly runs were really good and I felt refreshed running with a new music selection and I was ready for my loong 16mi run on sat.  Or so I thought...

   So I got my 16mi in!! YAY ME!!..Its kind of a BIG deal!! It went pretty good, as well as a 3 hr 34min and 18 sec run could go. ..SCHEWWW!!!   I WAS TIRED!! I felt good and inspired from completeting the run but still couldnt ignore the fatigue and pain i felt in my legs. (but a GOOD pain). I've noticed its usually around the 10 mile mark is my threshold. Thats where my body seems to give out. When we ran the Staten Island half  marathon (13.1 mi) i ran the whole way. I guess it was the excitement and adrenaline. But when Im running to train I have to stop and walk after 10 miles. My legs and feet feel so heavy that i have to slow my "slow pace", down even slower. I alternate between walking and jogging. By mile 12 its mostly walking & getting my heart rate down & catching my breath a little. The whole time Im thinking .. "this 26.2 is gonna be a booger" lol!! mMile 12 1/2  to 13 Im jogging again, legs heavy, hurting, burning & heavy as lead! (can someone remind me why Im doing this again) Rings in my head...But I push on,  finding strength in the fact that there are only 3 miles to go!!! So I dig in and jog to 14. I slow down at 15 to catch my breath but keep it moving w/ a steady fast walk. But my feet at this point are beginning to get sore..but I push on, because now I have ONE MORE MILE!! THANK YOU BIG-BABY JESUS!!!!

   So since Im here writing today that means I survived..I bet you weren't quite sure there for a min right? So of course I went to get my legs massaged with warm oils and hot stones and my feet soaked then wrapped in warm towels at my local spa....I left there with my feet /legs feeling rejuvenated!!
 The kicker about the long brutal run, is that I cant wait to do it again and push my body even further..Its freakin Crazy how that works!!

   I slept in this morning but have a 3mi this evening to finish off my 30mi for the week. Welcoming Monday because Monday=Restday. Who knew running would give me a reason to like Mondays..

 Well thats it for this week sports fans. Stay tuned next week for new music plus I'll be breaking in my new shoes next week!! They will most likely be the ones that I will wear in the Marathon. So Im getting excited, but based on my run last week...I still have a lot of training to do! But Im ready!! #LetsGo!!

Lloyd out, till next blog...
.Llove-Llife.


No comments:

Post a Comment